True Confession: 26-year-old lady says she has aborted 320 pregnancies


Abigail Olori’s meeting with Alhaja Latifat was supposed to be one of transformation, rather, it ended as a deformation of some sort. The 26-year-old lady, who had lost her parents and had the sole responsibility of catering for her siblings, said that she jumped at the offer to travel to Italy for the proverbial ‘greener pastures’ as a way of meeting the demands of her siblings.
Little did she know that she was being coerced into a higher level of prostitution, and during her confession to Vanguard, she seemed to be in pain, felt dejected as she had been forcefully used by the Alhaja in the last three years. Abugail narrated how she met Alhaja Latifat and her husband in 2013 when they came to Nigeria (then she was 23-years-old). “I knew them via a relative of mine, Rofel, when I was residing in Bayelsa with my siblings. Rofel invited me to Lagos; it was during the visit to Lagos that I was introduced to Alhaja Latifat who promised to take me to Italy. “Before the journey, they said they wanted me to become an auxiliary nurse for them in Italy but unfortunately I found myself in Libya. They took me via the desert.
We were about 30 that were taken to Libya from Nigeria. “Since I didn’t have parents, I was only able to raise N10, 000 which the Alhaja claimed was for the passport she procured for me. The agreement was that I will work and pay her N2.4 million once I get to Italy which included the amount she spent to take me abroad and the return on her investment,” Abigail narrated amid pains. Speaking further, she explained how they were taken to a native doctor called Ewe in Abeokuta, Ogun state where they were were made to swear an oath and were taken to Libya instead of Italy. CONTINUE READING FROM PAGE 2,3,4 BELOW

Pages: 1 2 3 4